Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Brain is Exploding!!!

OMG.. tot i can handle every order smoothly.. but now im super stressed up trying to complete everything @ 1 time!! TIME MANAGEMENT!!! need to plan everything probably 2nite, so that i can complete every task in time tmr morning..

#1. Mr. Chris Twiss 117 Name Tags (to be completed 1st thing in the morning)
#2. Clear all Online orders & mail out everything by 11am.
#3. Jiawen's 90 Pieces of Korean Name Tags, Everything must be Engraved & Cut by 5pm.
#4. Master Tan's 20 Pieces of STI Patches (still have 2 more days lead time).
#5. Diana's 310 Pieces of Family Day Metal Plates Engravings (still have 5 more days lead time).

I've tried my best to multi task & do everything @ 1 time today.. Managing 6 different machines with 1 low IQ brain.. after 9hrs of continuous multi-tasking, I ended up almost dying!! @ 830pm.. BRAIN FART!! felt so sick.. head was super heavy & felt like vomiting.. Seized everything & went home.. really need a good 8hrs of rest 2nite!!

as for tmr.. no more multi-tasking!! Objective is to complete Task #1, #2, #3!!


Q&A Tot's Life
What's my Qualification?!?
Many Customers tot i've studied Design in School.. Some tot i've had a Business Degree?!? OMG.. No No NO.. I'm not a design student nor do i have a Degree in BA. I'm someone who really hated schooling so much due to EXAMS & ASSIGNMENTS!! Yes, I did graduated from Poly with a Dip. in Electronics.. but i've nv used a single thing that i've learnt in Poly..

After Graduating from Poly..
.. I worked part time @ Popular Bookshop while waiting for my NS enlistment. In the 4 short months, I've bought 1 entire bookshelf of books!! Thats when i've studied everything about starting a Business... to... managing a Business. My Colleagues tot i was CRAZY!! everyday buying new books.. even ask my supervisor to transfer rare books from other outlets to buy!! can help them to increase sales, I oso can buy my books @ staff price.. Both side Win Win Situation :)

During NS, I was enlisted as a Diver.. Gave me a chance to worked with all the smartest & toughest ppl i've come across in my life :) I've learnt that humans can overcome anything & do incredible things when we work as a team!! Human's brain has got incredible limits.. anything that we think of in our mind, it can be done in real life.. BELIEVE!!

After NS, I've joined Challenger for 15months.. That's where i've put all the Business Skills i've learnt into a real business. I've continued to search for new ideas to improve the business.. of cos, as a small fly in the cpy, nobody will actually care abt wat you say & think.. very soon, Challenger sent me to attend a Retail Management Course with SIRS. I've learnt even more from every lecturers there!! every teacher @ SIRS actually Owns or Managed a Real Business B4. Instead of teaching from the books (like what most business schools did!!), they are able to relate everything with their personal experiences!! that's what you can nv learn from the books!!

1 month before i've quited my last job, I was promoted to a Retail Executive!! but i told Kelvin Cheong (My mentor @ Challenger), i really wanted to do sth that i've been dreaming of all the time. Everyone tot i've gone crazy, including my parents.. had a very bad quarrel with my dad when i told him i quited challenger & gng to join them @ Hock Gift Shop.

1st year (2008) @ Hock Gift Shop was probably the worst yr in my life!! Dad hated me so much.. my savings were dropping day by day.. no income.. Everything need $$.. $$ for Marketing.. $$ for new furnitures.. $$ for every SHIT!!!

2nd year (2009), my business proposal finally got thru!! Mum buy my idea!! got my 1st Digital Engraver :) & Shortly my Dream Embroidery Machine!!

This Year (march 2010), Mini Dino came into my Workshop too.. we are now planning for a 2nd Digital Engraver.


Why I've gave up the T-shirt Printing Plan?!?
I've give up the initial Direct to Garment Printer due to few reasons..
  • Need additional marketing for new group of customers.. TIME?!?! $$$!?!
  • Printer's ROE (Rate of Earnings) is way too slow!! Our customer base does not really require such high cost, high resolution T-shirt Printing!!
  • Cost of Maintenance for this printer is SUPER HIGH!!! High chances of Ink clogged in print head.. Super Exp to replace 1 Print Head!!
So instead of walking a jungle without a compass, I will be focusing ONLY @ Engraving & Embroidery for now!!


MARRIAGE!!!!!! "When are you getting Married?!?"
Another question that i've been answering quite often this year.. "When you getting MARRIED?!?" ... OMG!! I'm pretty happy with my currently lifestyle.. SUPER BUSY EVERYDAY.. no time to think of MARRIAGE.. Will look fwd in meeting my Future Soulmate in 3 Yrs time :) will only get married @ probably 30 (4.5 Years from now!!)


Did you hired someone to build HockGiftShop.com?
Nope.. I've bought a "How to Build.. Webby" (not the real title) Book for some bookshop & read the rest online.

After understanding how wordpress works, My Brother bought me some Wordpress Themes from Templatic to use. & Tada.. HockGiftShop.com Online is finally borned in May 2010.

"The End!"

This post sounds so much like an interview!! anyway this is part of my 5 Years Blog :) @ the start of this blog, I've actually planned to blog everything that i've did for the next 5 yrs. So @ this point of time.. I'm encountering all these interesting Questions. so im gonna blog everything down. Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

Gladys said...

You've got quite an interesting blog and online web...

Hock Gift Shop ~Your One-Stop Army Market~ said...

@ ZZL.. Thanks for read, I'll will continue to do more posting :) Hope you do have a Great Week!