Tuesday, December 16, 2008

osCommerce is Killing Mi!!

osCommerce is Killing Mi!!



Wanted to Build an Online Store for
Hock Gift Shop Since Sep 2008


My 1st Step: Sourced for Singapore freelance web designers, all beyond my budget. 1 of them even suggested mi to ask some india programmer to do for mi, its a great idea!! but i didnt noe anyone living in india.

My 2nd Step: Den i asked around my frens to see anyone is doing this for Side Line. Fortunately my Sec Sch Fren MS's younger sister offered to help mi @ S$2K for helping me to create a Database Foundation & Shopping Cart Features. I agreed to upload all the rest to the images & infomation by myself. She agreed the online store can be complated by Mid Nov 2008. After 3 months of waiting, I still have not seen a prototype of my site database. I've tried to arrange meet up on every week since mid Nov 2008, but she keep giving mi excuses to postpone the meet ups. On the 1st Week of Dec, i've finally got her sms reply, she said the site is ready & apolozied for the delay. I was so happy that asked my dad to prepare the cheque payment for her. den my mum reminded mi to request to see the site b4 paying. so i made an appointment with her on 8/12/2008, 730pm Str8 after my work.

On 8/12/2008 (Monday), ard 530pm, i received her sms again to postpone the meet up to 10/12/2008 (Wed) Evening 8pm. Excuse Given: Database not ready, Everything got mess up during file installation to my web server. I gave in again & agreed with the date change.

On 9/12/2008 (Tue), i received her sms to say she is going for a malaysia trip on wed. need to catch her 9PM coach @ Golden mile. requested to meet half & hr earlier. I agreed to the time change again.

On 10/12/2008 (Wed) Evening, ard 5+, received another SMS from her. My blood start boiling when i saw this sms. she said would have to meet on Sunday after she come back from her malaysia holiday trip. Excuse Given: Database not ready, Everything got mess up during file installation to my web server. (PLS NOTE: SAME EXCUSE USED AS 2 DAYS AGO). Immediately, i went to osCommerce.com to download the open source shopping cart file & open up my own site files to check wat she has actually done. after comparing 8 to 10 files, they were exactly the same programming codes. nothing was changed, no new infomation was keyed in. I replied her "I really regretted for waiting so long!! i've just checked my site, you've onli installed osCommerce into my site & with all empty file, i'll do the site myself instead."
After a few mins, she replied "Everything is Done!! they are not empty files, but if u wan2 do it yourself, i oso have nothing to say!!"

I'm not a smart person, but i really felt like i'm being cheated!! All my trust for her were gone & will nv be back anymore!!

My Final Step: Read this book & do it myself!!

No comments: