Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recycling Day!!

Woke up @ 8am this morning, had not been waking up so early for months.. left home @ ard 845am. My bro drove mi to Bedok blk 183 to participate in a Tzu Chi Buddhist Temple recycling Activities for this weekend. I like this temple is becos they doesn’t burn any incense.. dun burn any “Gim Zhua”. When I reach there @ ard 855-9am. Lotsa ppl were there doing their volunteery work!! Saw ard 30 ppl from all ages.. as young as 5 - 6 yrs old kid to 70+ - 80 yrs old Grandma & Grandpa.. immediately approached a Shi Fu to get Started!!

There’s 1 group of middle aged volunteers doing the combing of all the units, while the rest stay @ the void deck to do all the sorting out of materials. So fun!! Everyone were so happy there!! Although lotsa dust here & there.. but everyone just doesn’t complain.. just do their part in the recycling activity!! We sorted Newspapers, Clothes, Old shoes, Plastic Bags, Plastic Bottles, Glass bottles, Cardboards, Books, Toys, Electronics, old bags.. almost everything tat u can think of!! Within 1hr 15mins, we sorted all the collected materials & the recycling cpy ppl were busy loading up their big lorry!! Everyone were Sweating all Out!!

@ 1015, everything were done!! I approached the same Shi Fu (a 70 yrs old Grandma) tat I saw when I reached this morning. Told her I need to leave for work!! She thanked mi for coming!! After a short chat with her, I learnt tat she was staying in Sinpang Bedok.. Landed property estate!! There are lotsa rich ppl whom were doing these activities every month!! There are Doctors too!! Shi Fu was so friendly.. there’s a peaceful feeling when talking to her. Suddenly I rmb Kim Kiat, my poly classmate, told mi b4.. some ppl were very Enlightened in Happiness, Some ppl were enlightened in Joy, Some ppl were enlightened in love, some ppl were enlightened in Peace!! Now I finally understood wat Kim Kiat told mi in the past!!

An interesting start for 2009!! From now on, the 2nd week of every month, I’ll try my best to participate in Tzu Chi’s Recycling Day!! Looking fwd to March Recycling Day :)

No comments: